Central Board of Direct Taxes vide Press Release dated 4th February, 2020 has clarified that under section 194K (proposed to be inserted vide Finance Bill, 2020), a Mutual fund shall be required to deduct TDS@10% only on dividend payment and no tax shall be required to be deducted by the Mutual Fund on income which is in the nature of capital gains. It is also mentioned in the Press release that necessary clarification, if required, shall be proposed in the relevant provision of the law.
For details, please refer the pdf attachment: Press Release CBDT dated 04.02.2020 Read Here
- Some Due Dates Not Extended & Some Relaxation Not Granted vide Press Release dated 24.03.2020
- Key Highlights on Tax and Regulatory Matters proposed by Hon’ble Finance Minister of India Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman on 24th March 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence and Risk Advisory
- Being a Risk Advisory Professional – New Expectations
- IRDAI defers Ind AS implementation for Insurance Sector