In the 35th Council Meeting held on 21.06.2019, the following recommendations were made:
- GST Council approved the introduction of new return filing system and the same shall be rolled out for taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of INR 5 Cr. in the previous Financial Year from October 2019 while small taxpayers to file their first quarterly return for the period Oct’19 to Dec’19 from January 2020 onwards.
- GST Council approved the use of Aadhar for GST Registration.
- GST Council approved the extension of tenure of National Anti-profiteering Authority by 2 years.
- GST Council approved the penalty for not paying profiteering charges. There will be a penalty of 10% if one does not pay the profiteering sum till 30 days of the order.
- GST Council approved the mechanism of e-invoicing in principle.
- E-ticketing for multiplexes made mandatory.
- Fitment Committee to take a relook at rate reduction on Electronic Vehicles (EVs) and valuation of goods and services in a Solar power generating system and Wind turbines in the next Council Meeting.
- The due date for filing ITC-04 has been extended from 30.06.2019 to 31.08.2019.
- The last date of filing GSTR-9/9A and GSTR-9C has been extended to 31.08.2019.